Do you want to know about the significance of the month of Muharram? Certainly, every Muslim has the quest to know about the history of Islam and most specifically this month. Well, by creating the situation we are here to let you know about this holy month that is full of sacrifices, lessons for the Muslims, and patience.
Step into the brilliant land of Muharram, where echoes of valour and devotion echo through the ages. As the first month of the Islamic lunar calendar begins, a tapestry of importance unfolds, enticing hearts far and wide. Prepare for an enthralling journey in which history meets spirituality and souls unite in solemn recollection.
In addition, such a month tells a compelling story of sacrifice, endurance, and unwavering faith, from the steadfast strides of Imam Husayn to the mystical depths of self-reflection. Join us as we dig into the ancient rhythms of this holy month, lighting flames of unity and kindling inspiration that echoes through the very heart of Islam. Prepare to be enchanted by the compelling pull during this month, a journey that transcends time and touches the very heart of our being.
Get yourself ready for the month of Muharram which recalls the sacrifice of Imam Hassan (AS) and Imam Husain (AS)!
What to do During Muharram?
By doing the following deeds you can earn a lot of blessings from Allah (SWT)
- Do fasting on the 10th day of this month.
- Wake up late at night and perform Tahajjud salat.
- Give to charity on this occasion.
- Recite the Quran as much as possible.
Why Muharram is Important?
Now, truly speaking about the significance, this sacred month is one of Islam’s four holy months, but it is much more than the remaining ones. This month is regarded as “the month of Allah” and has a unique day that commemorates the most well-known value. Therefore, our beloved prophet (PBUH) said for this month is
The Prophet (PBUH) ordered (the Muslims) to fast on the day of ‘Ashura similar to the fasting in the month of Ramadan, it became non-compulsory for one to fast on that day. (Sahih Al Bukhari 1892).
- Allah freed Prophet Yunus (as) of his suffering;
- Allah accepted Prophet Yusuf’s (as) brother’s forgiveness.
- Bani Israel (Musa as) swam the sea, and Allah delivered them from Pharaoh (the day Pharaoh perished).
- Allah recognized Prophet Adam’s repentance
- Prophet Ayyub (as) recovered from his illness.
Significance of the Muharram-The First Islamic Month
- This holy month tells a compelling story of sacrifice, endurance, and unwavering faith, from the steadfast strides of Imam Husayn to the ethereal depths of self-reflection. Join us as we dig into the ancient rhythms of this holy month, lighting flames of unity and kindling inspiration that echoes through the very heart of Islam.
- The month of mourning, particularly for Shia Muslims, who remember and mourn the death of Imam Husayn and his companions. It is a time for reflecting on their sacrifice and the values of justice, truth, and standing up against oppression.
- Moreover, it provides an opportunity for Muslims to engage in self-reflection and spiritual contemplation. It is a month to assess one’s actions, seek forgiveness, and make resolutions for self-improvement. Many Muslims observe fasting, engage in voluntary acts of worship, and participate in religious gatherings to enhance their spiritual connection with Allah.
- It is a period when Muslims come together in unity and cooperation. It pulls communities together as mourning processions, religious lectures (Majalis), and communal dinners (Sabeel) are held to commemorate Imam Husayn’s sacrifices. These meetings help Muslims feel a sense of kinship and camaraderie.
- The occurrences in this month, particularly Imam Husayn’s martyrdom, highlight the significance of standing up for justice despite the face of adversity. Muslims are inspired by Imam Husayn and his companions’ fortitude and sacrifice, learning lessons of perseverance, sacrifice, and unshakable faith in the quest for truth.
Therefore, prepare yourself to be enchanced by the compelling pull of Muharram, a journey that transcends time and touches the very heart of our being!